In 2018, Scotland sold £395 million worth of exports to Poland. This is 1.2% of Scotland’s total international exports. Scottish exports to Poland have increased by 27.9% since 2013 a total of £85 million.
The benefits of selling to Poland
The World Bank rates Poland as the 40th easiest country in the world to do business with.
Poland’s a good place to export to because it:
- sits in the centre of Europe
- has a lot of people and businesses to sell to
- has a highly educated work force
It’s also a good place for Scottish businesses to export to because:
- it could create opportunities to export to other places in central and eastern Europe
- English is widely spoken
- it has a strong and growing economy
What we could sell more of
A Trading Nation uses evidence to work out what Scotland could sell more of.
In Poland, the key sectors where Scotland could sell more are:
- chemical sciences
- manufacturing of computer, electronic and optical equipment
- mining support
- business support
- machinery and equipment
Top opportunities in Poland
- Engineering and advanced manufacturing
- Food and drink
- Life sciences
- Financial and business services
- Chemical sciences
Help with exporting in Poland
Scottish Development International offices
Scottish Development International can help businesses exporting to Poland from their office in Dusseldorf in Germany.
They have 4 members of staff who are focussed on:
- science and technology
- industries that produce consumer goods
The GlobalScot network has 12 experts in Poland covering:
- financial services
We’re going to expand the GlobalScot network in Poland.
Martyn O’Reilly is the Scottish Government’s Trade Envoy based in Poland. He can help:
- connect businesses in Scotland and Poland
- provide market intelligence
- raise awareness of opportunities
Department for International Trade
You can contact the Department for International Trade team in Poland to find opportunities for doing business there.
British Polish Chamber of Commerce
The British Polish Chamber of Commerce can offer members:
- business support
They have offices in Warsaw, Wrocław, Kraków and Sevenoaks.
You can find more help with exporting.
You can also find more information on exporting to Poland in A Trading Nation.